It’s Spring, and there’s a whole lot of HUMPing going on! Check these great sites out:
1) Alex Pruteanu serves up a dish at Atticus Review:
2) For National Poetry Month several writers have contributed a favorite poem to Fictionaut: http://www.fictionaut.com/forums/general/threads/1775?escape=false&page=1
3) Sara Lippman gives us a dose of her latest Read it Loud at UFR:
4) Back for more poetry (never enough!!!) at Thunderclap, including the BOSS:
5) Erin Fitzgerald mixes it up at The Rumpus:
6) April Flash Fiction Fridays show on Milwaukee’s Lake Effect, theme is Disorientation! Features Carol Wobig, local author of Poached is Not an Option (Kindle), and I read “The Upswing of Falling,” (Metazen), and Kristine Ong Muslim’s “Revenge of the Goldfish.” (The Brooklyner). Thanks, co-host, Stephanie Lecci!
7) Joani Reese wins this Prize (with a very long name), but so well-deserved. I mean, read her piece:
And you have to get Joani’s insight about her poem, “Midlife,” which Linda Simoni-Wastila blogs here: leftbrainwrite: MIDLIFE: A Poem and Conversation with JP Reese
8) Check out Meg Tuite’s musings about her book and chapbook (both incredible!) at Laura Madeline Wiseman’s blog:
9) Jesse Bradley reviews NAP 2.5 at Beach Sloth:
P.S. I do know a jacking thing about elephants! They are always pregnant! When was the last time you checked, Jesse? I mean, outside of a zoo? Next time our paths cross, we will discuss this over cherry pie.